Now that I’m getting into the subscription box craze, I got to thinking. Something I used to subscribe to came to mind. At the time, I wasn’t aware of subscription boxes, but now that I think about it, Perfumes For A Buck was indeed a subscription box. I no longer subscribe to it because I now have a ton of fragrance to get through. I knew that if I didn’t stop the subscription, I would never be able to get through the expensive perfumes that I had already purchased before it expired. As much as they cost, I was ignoring my “stash” to use all the great stuff that I received during my subscription. Of course, If I had known about this service before I purchased fragrances for my collection, I never would have had to spend the money to begin with.
I didn’t know at the time that I’d be doing subscription box reviews, so unfortunately I have none of the packaging, or even the samples to show you. I threw them all away as they were finished up. However, if you love trying new fragrances, you should visit the company’s website which I will provide the link to below.
How It Works:
1. There are hundreds of luxury brand perfumes to choose from. After you sign up, you peruse the site and make a list of all the scents you would like to try.
2. You will be charged $12.99, recurring each month, and sent five new samples.
3. They will charge you $1.00 extra for your first month. This is to give you FIVE MORE samples. It is a new member deal. Hence the name, Perfumes For A Buck.
4. You will receive ten samples your first month, and five more each consecutive month. Since they are sending you what is on your list, you need to keep visiting the site to add to this list. Even if you feel you’ve made a huge list already, visiting regularly is recommended since they are constantly adding new fragrances.
5. They will send each of your selections in 1ml vials. Some months they send a sample atomizer(with a fragrance from your list) that is a little larger. An invitation to upgrade accompanies the atomizers. The invite explains the different upgrade plans, the sizes of the new samples, and the cost of each new plan. In addition, the service will sometimes add an extra fragrance, free of charge, to your order, in a sample atomizer. This will be something you do not have on your list that they think you might enjoy.
6. You are sent information about the benefits of different types of scents(Jasmine, Citrus, etc.)
The Packaging: This is a cute little white box reminiscent of boxes that stores give you when you buy a necklace or pin. It sports the subscription’s name, and logo. A pretty, nylon, glittery silver ribbon is tied around the box. The vials in the box are wrapped in bubble wrap. These vials are each in a plastic sleeve under the wrap. Also in the box will be invitations, and information cards. The outer packaging used to send the box through the mail varies. Sometimes it is a plastic sleeve envelope, and other times it is a cardboard box. Each of these has even more bubble wrap protecting the actual box holding your items. The return address on the outside package will not say Perfumes For A Buck. It will say, Blueberry Corporation.
The Pros(Random Order):
* You get to try expensive perfumes without breaking the budget.
*More bang for your buck.
*Most of the latest releases are available, even those hard to find fragrances.
*Great help for making a decision as to which luxury fragrance to buy.
*If you need to cancel, it is as easy as going to the “Contact Us” section, and sending an email. I have read a review where it is lamented that it is hard to reach anyone to cancel the subscription. This was not the case for me. I had a response, and my cancellation went through the following day. The charges to my card stopped completely.
The Cons(Random Order):
Some Of The Brands Offered(Too Many To List Here Completely LOL): Thierry Mugler, Burberry, Chanel, Yves St. Laurent, Givenchy, Vera Wang, Coach, Giorgio Armani, and many, many, many more.
Note: The samples are fragrances that have been decanted. This simply means that perfume is extracted from new bottles of the brand, and moved to sample sized vials.
If you are a fragrance junkie, this subscription is perfect for you!